The ETURWG encourages a community experience within the areas of focus. This facilitates relationships between members to develop through sharing of knowledge, collaborative working, and creation of data repositories for use by the group as test beds. Discussions, archives, data, and other resources can be accessed via the ETURWG website. The rules governing the activities of the group are as follows:
- Members may leave the group at any time, and new members may be added at any time subject to unanimous consent of the current members of the group. Visitors are allowed at ETURWG meetings, at the discretion of the group.
- The group will host at least one special session each year, as part of the ISIF International Conference on Information Fusion (FUSION) and/or another conference of interest.
- The working group chairs will rotate among members. The tenure of a chairs starts immediately following a working group meeting, and concludes with the following working group meeting.
- The group will report on a yearly basis to the ISIF BoD, either by a short presentation at an ISIF BoD meeting, or by a short written document.
- ISIF and the ETUR retain the right to sever their ties at any time.